Angelina Jolie needs no introduction.
She’s an actor, producer, philanthropist, and director, who has left an impeccable mark in the film industry and people’s hearts.
We will be discussing Angelina Jolie's various aspects of her life, including her early career, her acting roles, her humanitarian work, her net worth, and more.
We will also be highlighting some of the lessons that can be learned from her life and career.
Whether you are a fan of Angelina Jolie or simply interested in learning more about her, we hope that you find this article informative and engaging.
Plus, find out how to build a million dollar brand in about a year with our FREE training.
Ready? Let’s dive right into it.
What is Angelina Jolie's net worth?
Angelina Jolie’s estimated net worth is $120 million.
Who is Angelina Jolie?
Angelina Jolie is an American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian. She was born on June 4, 1975, in Los Angeles, California, and is the daughter of actor Jon Voight and actress Marcheline Bertrand.
Jolie made her acting debut in the 1982 film Lookin' to Get Out, but it was her role in the 1995 film Hackers that brought her mainstream attention. She went on to star in numerous blockbuster movies, including Tomb Raider, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Wanted, Salt, and Maleficent. She has won several awards for her acting, including an Academy Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and three Golden Globe Awards.
Jolie is also known for her humanitarian work. She has served as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) since 2001 and has undertaken over 50 field missions in refugee camps and war zones around the world. She is also a co-founder of the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative (PSVI) and the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation, which provides aid to impoverished Cambodian communities.
How has Angelina Jolie built her wealth?
Angelina Jolie has built her wealth primarily through her successful acting career, which has included starring roles in many blockbuster movies. Jolie has starred in many successful movies, including blockbusters such as Tomb Raider, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Maleficent. Her acting skills and box office success have earned her substantial salaries, contributing significantly to her net worth.
Brand Endorsements and Deals
She has also earned money through brand endorsements and deals, such as her work with the luxury brand Guerlain and her role as a spokesperson for Louis Vuitton.
Inheritance may have also contributed to Jolie's wealth, as she comes from a family of actors and has been left with inheritances from her parents. However, it is not clear how much of her wealth comes from inheritance.
Jolie has also made wise property investments, owning several high-end properties around the world, including a mansion in Los Angeles, a chateau in France, and an estate in Cambodia. She has also sold properties for profit in the past.
Jolie has produced and directed several films, including In the Land of Blood and Honey, Unbroken, and First They Killed My Father, which has earned her additional income and recognition.
How much is Angelina Jolie's net worth?
Angelina Jolie’s estimated net worth is $120 million.
How did Angelina Jolie start her acting career?
Angelina Jolie started her acting career in the mid-1990s. Her first role was in the 1982 film Lookin' to Get Out, in which she appeared alongside her father, Jon Voight. However, it was her breakout role in the 1995 film Hackers that brought her mainstream attention.
Jolie continued to appear in films throughout the 1990s, including Foxfire, Playing God, and Pushing Tin. In 1999, she won a Golden Globe Award for her performance in the TV movie Gia, in which she played the tragic supermodel Gia Carangi.
Jolie's big break came in 2001 when she starred as the adventurous archaeologist Lara Croft in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. The film was a box office success, and Jolie's performance earned her worldwide recognition.
From there, Jolie went on to star in numerous blockbuster movies, including Mr. and Mrs. Smith Wanted, Salt, and Maleficent. She has won several awards for her acting, including an Academy Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and three Golden Globe Awards.
What endorsement deals has Angelina Jolie had?
Angelina Jolie has had several endorsement deals throughout her career. Some of her notable endorsement deals include:
- Louis Vuitton
- St. John
What acting roles has Angelina Jolie played?
Angelina Jolie has played a wide range of acting roles throughout her career, including:
- Lara Croft in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) and Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)
- Grendel's mother in Beowulf (2007)
- Jane Smith in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)
- Lisa Rowe in Girl, Interrupted (1999)
- Maleficent in Maleficent (2014) and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)
- Mariane Pearl in A Mighty Heart (2007)
- Christine Collins in Changeling (2008)
- Elise Clifton-Ward in The Tourist (2010)
These are just a few of the many roles that Jolie has played throughout her career.
What humanitarian work has Angelina Jolie done?
Angelina Jolie has been involved in a wide range of humanitarian work throughout her career.
Some of her notable contributions include:
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR): Jolie has been a Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR since 2001, and has visited refugee camps in more than 20 countries. In 2012, she was appointed as a Special Envoy to the UNHCR.
- Preventing sexual violence in conflict: Jolie has been a vocal advocate for the prevention of sexual violence in conflict zones. In 2012, she launched the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative (PSVI) in partnership with the UK government, with the aim of raising awareness of the issue and promoting accountability.
- Education: Jolie has been involved in several education initiatives, including the Education Partnership for Children of Conflict, which she co-founded in 2006 to provide education to children affected by conflict and natural disasters.
- Conservation: Jolie is a passionate conservationist and has been involved in several conservation projects, including the Wildlife Conservation Society's "Big Cats Initiative," which she co-founded in 2010.
- Humanitarian crises: Jolie has been involved in providing aid and support to victims of humanitarian crises around the world, including the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the Syrian refugee crisis, and the 2015 Nepal earthquake.
Jolie's humanitarian work has earned her numerous awards and accolades, including the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2013. She has used her platform as a celebrity to raise awareness about important humanitarian issues and to inspire others to get involved in making a difference.
How has Angelina Jolie's net worth changed over the years?
Angelina Jolie's net worth has fluctuated over the years as a result of various factors, including her acting career, production company, endorsement deals, and property investments.
Here are some key milestones in Jolie's net worth over the years:
- In the late 1990s and early 2000s, Jolie's net worth was estimated to be around $5-10 million.
- In 2001, Jolie landed her breakthrough role as Lara Croft in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, which earned her a reported $7-10 million. Her net worth subsequently grew to around $30-35 million.
- In the mid-2000s, Jolie's net worth received a significant boost when she starred in the action-comedy Mr. & Mrs. Smith opposite Brad Pitt. The film was a box office success, grossing over $478 million worldwide, and Jolie reportedly earned around $20 million for her role.
- In 2006, Jolie co-founded the production company Jolie Pas Productions, which has produced several successful films, including The Breadwinner (2017) and First They Killed My Father (2017). Jolie's net worth continued to grow as a result of her producing work.
- In 2012, Jolie signed a reported $10 million deal with Louis Vuitton to be the face of the company's Core Values campaign, which featured Jolie on a trip to Cambodia with her own children.
- In 2014, Jolie starred in the Disney film Maleficent, which grossed over $750 million worldwide. She also served as an executive producer on the film. Jolie's net worth was estimated to be around $145 million at this time.
- In 2019, Jolie returned to the big screen in Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, for which she reportedly earned $25 million. Her net worth was estimated to be around $160 million at this time.
Jolie's net worth has grown significantly over the years as a result of her successful acting career, production company, endorsement deals, and other investments.
While her net worth has fluctuated somewhat over time, she remains one of the wealthiest and most successful actresses in Hollywood.
What awards has Angelina Jolie received for her acting and activism?
Angelina Jolie has received numerous awards and accolades throughout her career for both her acting work and humanitarian activism.
Here are some of the most notable awards and honors she has received:
- Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Girl, Interrupted (1999)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Girl, Interrupted (1999)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for her role in Girl, Interrupted (1999)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama for her role in Gia (1998)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie for her role in Gia (1998)
- People's Choice Award for Favorite Motion Picture Actress (2008, 2009, 2014)
- Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (2013)
- Global Humanitarian Award from the United Nations Association of the USA (2005)
- Presidential Citizens Medal from President Barack Obama (2009)
- Humanitarian Award from the Simon Wiesenthal Center (2007)
- Freedom Award from the International Rescue Committee (2002)
Here are three lessons that can be learned from Angelina Jolie—
Pursue Your Passions
Jolie has consistently pursued her passions, whether it be in acting, humanitarian work, or directing. She has also used her platform to advocate for important causes that are important to her. The lesson here is to identify what you are passionate about and to pursue it relentlessly.
Jolie has dedicated a significant portion of her time and resources to humanitarian work, using her platform to raise awareness and promote positive change. The lesson here is that giving back can be incredibly rewarding and that even small acts of kindness can make a difference in the lives of others.
Jolie has taken risks throughout her career, whether it be in the roles she chooses to play or in her personal life. She has also been willing to step outside of her comfort zone, such as when she started directing films. The lesson here is that taking risks can lead to great rewards and that being willing to step outside of your comfort zone can lead to personal and professional growth.
Want to win big in the entertainment industry, and become fabulously wealthy in the process? That’d be fun!
Unfortunately, we can’t really help you make that dream come true. It’s just not our specialty.
But what is our specialty is this… coaching entrepreneurs to build 7-figure businesses that make the world a better place.
We’re pretty good at it, too! Check out some of our success stories.
We’re on a mission to make one million millionaires by 2028. We’d love you to be one of them.
All you need to do is take the first step, and guess what?
The first step is absolutely free. Just request your FREE million dollar brand-building playbook.