Eric Schmidt is an American business leader and software developer who held top positions at Google. He was Google's CEO and executive chairman.
He was at the helm of Google when it rose from a small tech company to a worldwide tech giant.
Alongside Sergey Brin and Larry Page, they developed and implemented business and technology plans that expanded Google’s operations.
Eric has been recognized with numerous awards and backing from esteemed organizations. In 2006, he was elected to the National Academy of Engineering. Later, he was accepted into the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2007.
This guide will look at Eric Schmidt’s net worth, educational background, career record, and current investments.
Plus, find out how we can coach you to grow YOUR net worth… absolutely free.
What is Eric Schmidt's net worth?
Eric Schmidt is a highly successful American businessman with an estimated net worth of $23 billion.
|Eric Schmidt’s net worth||$23 billion|
|Full name||Eric Emerson Schmidt|
|Date of birth||April 27, 1955|
|Place of birth||Virginia, United States|
|Profession||Businessman, technology expert, software engineer|
|Sources of wealth||His career as the former executive chairman of Google, an investor, software developer|
|Height||5 ft 9 (1.78m)|
|Title||Co-founder of Schmidt Futures|
Who is Eric Schmidt?
Eric Schmidt is an American businessman and software engineer. He is best known for his work as Google's former CEO.
Eric Emerson Schmidt was born on April 27, 1955, in Virginia. He was the third son of Eleanor and Wilson Emerson Schmidt.
His father lectured international economics at Virginia Tech and Johns Hopkins University. Schmidt attributes his worldview to his formative years in Italy, caused by his father's job.
Eric earned a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University in 1976. He pursued a Master's degree and PhD in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1979 and 1982, respectively.
Before his tenure at Google, Schmidt held several executive positions at technology companies such as Sun Microsystems, Novell, and Bell Labs.
He was a member of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology during Barack Obama’s administration.
Schmidt is widely regarded as one of the key figures in internet growth. He played a major role in turning Google into one of the world's most successful and influential companies.
What are the investments of Eric Schmidt?
- Ripple: A blockchain-based payment network.
- Khan Academy: A non-profit educational organization that provides free online courses and resources.
- Civis Analytics: A data analytics company that helps businesses and organizations make better decisions.
- The Skimm: A media company that delivers news and information to millennial women.
- Glow: A fertility tracking app that helps women get pregnant faster.
- CrowdStrike: A cybersecurity company that provides endpoint protection and threat intelligence.
2. Technology companies
- Magic Leap
- Icon Aircraft
- Planetary Resources
- CarbonCure Technologies
- Boom Supersonic
- Kitty Hawk
- Sunseeker Predator 109
- Sunseeker Manhattan 73
- Astondoa 100 Century
- Pershing 108
- Azimut 70 Fly
- Cranchi Endurance 41
5. Art Collection
Eric Schmid's art collection investments include works by artists such as Mark Grotjahn, Christopher Wool, Richard Prince, and Jean-Michel Basquiat. He also owns works by emerging artists such as Peter Hugo, Alex Prager, and Liz Magor.
Schmid has also invested in photography, video art and edition prints by artists such as Takashi Murakami, Ed Ruscha, and Damien Hirst.
6. Stocks and Bonds
Eric Schmid has made investments in stocks, mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). He has invested in bonds such as US Treasuries, corporate bonds, municipal bonds and international bonds.
7. Luxury real estate
Eric Schmid has invested in luxury real estate in Miami, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and other cities in the United States. He has invested in gated communities, high-end condominiums, and beachfront properties. Eric Schmidt has also invested in commercial properties such as office buildings and shopping centers.
Eric Schmidt has invested in various digital currency startups, including Coinbase, BitPay, Xapo, BitGo, Gyft, BitPesa, Coinsetter and ChangeTip. He has also invested in Bitcoin mining companies such as BTCC and Genesis Mining. He is also a partner at venture capital firm Blockchain Capital and serves on the Bitcoin Foundation board.
- Schmidt Futures: A philanthropic initiative that aims to create a positive future through scientific research, technology and public policy.
- The Schmidt Family Foundation: A charitable organization that supports renewable energy, sustainability and environmental conservation.
- The Schmidt Ocean Institute: A non-profit organization that supports oceanographic research and exploration.
- The Eric Schmidt Foundation: A charitable organization that supports education, entrepreneurship, and economic growth.
- The Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy: A non-profit organization that supports research into new cancer treatments and therapies.
10. Venture Capital
- Data Collective: A venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology companies in areas such as big data, artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Innovation Endeavors: A venture capital firm that invests in companies working on groundbreaking technologies.
- The Rise Fund: A social impact investment fund that focuses on companies that make a positive difference in the world.
- Foundation Capital: A venture capital firm that invests in companies in a wide range of sectors, including technology, healthcare and energy.
- The Schmidt Family Foundation: The foundation has invested in early-stage companies working on environmental sustainability and renewable energy.
- Ursa Ventures: A venture capital firm that invests in companies working on space-based technologies.
How much is Eric Schmidt's net worth?
Eric Schmidt's net worth is estimated at $23 billion.
What companies has Eric Schmidt been involved with?
- Google: Eric Schmidt served as CEO of Google and then as executive chairman of Google's parent company, Alphabet Inc.
- Apple: Schmidt served on Apple's board of directors from 2006 to 2009.
- The Economist Group: Schmidt served on the Economist Group board from 2010 to 2019.
- Civis Analytics: Schmidt is an investor in Civis Analytics, a data science company that works with businesses, non-profits, and political organizations.
- The Groundwork: Schmidt founded The Groundwork, a political technology company that worked on Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign.
- Khan Academy: Schmidt serves on the board of directors for Khan Academy, a non-profit organization that provides free online educational resources.
- The MIT Corporation: Schmidt serves on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology board of trustees.
What investments has Eric Schmidt made?
- SpaceX: Schmidt has made investments in SpaceX, the private space exploration company founded by Elon Musk.
- CrowdStrike: CrowdStrike is a cybersecurity company that protects against cyberattacks.
- Uber: Schmidt was an early investor in Uber, the ride-sharing company.
- Zymergen: Zymergen is a company that uses automation and machine learning to design new materials and chemicals.
- Mojo Vision: Mojo Vision is a company that develops contact lenses with augmented reality technologies.
What is Eric Schmidt's educational background?
Eric Schmidt holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University. He has a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley. And a PhD in Computer Science from the same institution.
What is Eric Schmidt's philanthropic activity?
Eric Schmidt has donated to various organizations throughout his career. He is a member of the board of directors of the Broad Institute; a biomedical research organization focusing on genomics and personalized medicine.
Schmidt and his wife, Wendy, founded the Schmidt Family Foundation, which focuses on technology, science, education and the environment. The foundation has donated millions of dollars to organizations such as the World Wildlife Fund and the National Resources Defense Council.
What type of yacht does Eric Schmidt own?
The yacht is 288 feet long, can accommodate up to 14 guests in seven staterooms, and has a crew of 15. Terence Disdale designed the yacht’s interior. It features a contemporary, minimalist style with a focus on natural light and open spaces. Two Caterpillar diesel engines power the yacht, and it can reach up to 18 knots.
What is Eric Schmidt's role in Alphabet?
Eric Schmidt serves as a technical advisor to Alphabet's leadership team. He advises the board and executive leadership team on technology and engineering issues. He also serves as an advisor to the company’s various research and development initiatives.
What is Eric Schmidt's role at Google?
Eric Schmidt is the former executive chairman of Google. As CEO, he was responsible for Google's business, including strategy, operations and product development. Schmidt worked closely with co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin to guide the company's evolution. The company moved from a small startup into the world’s most successful search engine and technology giant.
What is Eric Schmidt's advisory board membership?
Schmidt is a member of the Broad Institute Board, a biomedical research organization focusing on genomics and personalized medicine. He provides strategic guidance and support for research initiatives.
He is also a member of the board of directors of The Khan Academy, a nonprofit organization that provides free online education to students around the world. He guides the organization's mission and strategy.
What is Eric Schmidt's involvement in technology journalism?
Eric Schmidt has been involved in technology journalism as a contributor and commentator on topics related to the tech industry. He has written articles and op-eds for several publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and Wired.
In these articles, he shares his thoughts and insights on a range of topics. These include the impact of technology on society, the future of artificial intelligence and the need for increased investment in science and technology education.
Schmidt has also been involved in media company creation. In 2015, he co-founded a technology-focused media company called The Groundwork. The company aims to provide independent, high-quality journalism and analysis on technology issues and their impact on society.
Eric Schmidt's net worth is estimated at $23 billion. His wealth is attributed to his career as Google's former executive chairman. He is an American businessman and software developer who held top positions at Google. Previously, he served as the CEO and executive chairman of Google.
Schmidt is widely regarded as a key figure in internet growth. He played a major role in turning Google into one of the world's most successful search engine tech giants.
If Eric Schmidt’s wealth story inspires you to build something great and create generational wealth, you’re in the right place.
We’re on a mission to make one million new millionaires by 2028. We’d love YOU to be one of them!
That’s why we made this FREE course that will help you grow your net worth and make your first million… faster than you might imagine. Join us and let’s get started.