Nicki Minaj is an iconic rapper, songwriter, and singer who has made a big name for herself in the music industry. She first rose to fame with her debut album, Pink Friday, which was released in 2010.
Her success undoubtedly belongs to her unique style of combining rap with pop elements. Not to mention her ability to write catchy hooks that have been featured on countless hit singles.
The famous singer is an inspiring example for any artist trying to make it big in today's competitive music industry. But exactly how did she manage it?
Let’s break down the life of the popular rapper and find out how she managed to bank millions of dollars in such a short time. So, let’s get going and start with Nicki Minaj’s net worth.
Plus, find out how we can help you become a millionaire, FREE.
|Full Name||Onika Tanya Maraj Petty|
|Nicki Miraj's Net Worth||$150 million|
|Born (Date of Birth)||8 Dec 1982|
|Place of Birth||Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Sources of wealth||Actress, rapper, singer and songwriter|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.57m)|
What is Nicki Minaj's net worth?
Nicki's estimated net worth as of 2023 stands at an impressive $150 million. Her success comes from her varied career, which includes singing, songwriting, and rapping, as well as acting in the movies.
Who is Nicki Minaj?
Nicki Minaj is a Trinidadian-born American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actress. She gained recognition after releasing three mixtapes between 2007 and 2009 and her debut album Pink Friday which stormed the U.S. Billboard 200 charts.
But how did she reach this success? Let’s turn around the clock and start with her early days. Minaj was born on December 8th, 1982, in Saint James, Trinidad & Tobago, to parents Robert Maraj and Carol Maraj. Her childhood name was Onika Tanya Maraj. Nicki's early life was filled with struggles as her family had financial difficulties, which led to them relocating frequently during her childhood. That’s why she moved with her family to Queens, New York, back when she was just five.
Moving forward, Minaj’s career took a great turn when In 2004, she produced the Don't Fuck With entrance music for WWE star Diva Victoria.
After this, the Dirty Money Entertainment company signed Miraj to a 180-day contract in 2007. During this time, she recorded three mixtapes, the third of which was Beam Me Up Scotty. Eventually, this mixtape helped her in getting the attention of her fellow rapper Lil Wayne.
Later, in 2009, she entered into a recording deal with Lil Wayne's Young Money Entertainment label, which marked the beginning of an illustrious career for her. However, the success of her 2010 debut album, Pink Friday, marked her real breakthrough. After this, she has since gone on to become one of the most successful female rappers ever, selling over 20 million singles worldwide in recent years.
The famous rapper has an impressive discography, including four studio albums that have all been certified Platinum or higher by the RIAA. She also made history by becoming the first female artist with seven singles simultaneously charting on Billboard Hot 100.
What is Nicki Minaj's net worth?
Nicki Miraj's net worth is estimated to be 150 million USD in 2023.
How did Nicki Minaj become famous?
Nicki Minaj always had a passion for singing, and she began her career when she was just 12. But after getting recognition from fellow rapper Lil Wayne and signing a contract with his record label and management company, Young Money Entertainment, she gained greater public exposure.
Let's start with her first success after she signed a contract with the Lil Wayne record label. In 2007, Minaj released Playtime Is Over, her debut mixtape. After then, she released more mixtapes, including Sucka Free in 2008, which was a super hit project.
Later, in 2008 she won the Female Artist of the Year award at the Underground Music Awards.
Soon after, the famous rapper released her third mixtape and had an appearance in XXL magazine in 2009. In the same year, she also released another mixtape, Beam Me Up Scotty.
Marching towards fame, the singer's debut album, Pink Friday, was released in 2010 under the Young Money Entertainment label. This album went on to sell 4 million copies worldwide.
The rapper released her second album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, in April 2012. This album finally received a platinum certification, marking the first of many for the superstar. After this, the famous rapper even became one of the 2013 season's celebrity judges on American Idol.
After a while, she released The Pinkprint, her third studio album, in December 2014. This album was a commercial superhit album for the star, as it sold almost 650,000 copies globally.
Coming to her latest album, Nicky Minaj released Queen, her fourth studio album, in August 2018. This album debuted at position 2 on the Billboard 200. After 1 million sales, it received Platinum certification in the US.
What is Nicki Minaj's most successful rap song?
Minaj’s most successful rap song to date is “Super Bass,” which was released in 2010 and quickly became one of her top hits. It peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and won her several awards, including a Grammy nomination.
What awards has Nicki Minaj won?
Minaj has won more than 100 prestigious awards to date. Some of the most memorable ones include:
- 6 American Music Awards
- 10 BET Awards
- 4 Billboard Music Awards
- 3 MTV Video Music Awards
- 3 Teen Choice Awards
- 2 People's Choice Awards.
Despite receiving ten Grammy nominations, she has not yet been able to take it home.
What collaborations has Nicki Minaj been involved in?
Nicki Minaj has been a busy artist, working with a variety of musicians to produce some iconic songs. The Queen of Rap has participated in several notable collaborations, some of which are:
Drake and Nicki
- Bed Rock in 2009
- Moment 4 Life in 2010
Rihanna and Nicki Minaj
- In 2010, the incredibly catchy Raining Men was released
- Fly in 2012
- Side To Side in 2016
- Bed and The Light Is Coming in 2018
David Guetta and Nicki Minaj
- Over the years, Nicki has appeared on numerous huge David Guetta songs. But their 2011 hit Turn Me On is a true masterpiece!
Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj
- Beauty and the Beat in 2012, which also featured one of the best music videos ever!
Madonna feat. M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj
- Give Me All Your Luvin was a massive smash when Nicki, M.I.A., and Madonna collaborated in 2012.
Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- Trio released their hit single Bang Bang in 2014.
Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj
- The two collaborated on Katy's well-known song Swish Swish off her fifth studio album, Witness, back in 2017.
Little Mix and Nicki Minaj
- The girls' fifth studio album, LM5, featured the lead track, Woman Like Me, which was released in 2018.
Doja Cat and Nicki Minaj
- Say So in 2010 was a viral success for Doja Cat and Nicki Minaj.
Jesy Nelson with Nicki Minaj
- Boyz in 2018, an amazing solo by Jesy Nelson featuring Nicki Miraj.
Also, she was part of several well-known tours, including the I..Am Tour with Rihanna and the Pinkprint Tour with Meek Mill.
What endorsements has Nicki Minaj received?
Throughout her career, she has acquired several large brand endorsements solidifying her position as a pop cultural star. Here are some of the biggest endorsements under her belt.
- MAC Cosmetics: In 2010, Nicki Minaj and MAC Cosmetics worked together to launch a line of lipsticks and other cosmetics.
- Pepsi: As part of their Live, For Now campaign, Pepsi recruited Nicki Minaj in a multi-million dollar contract in 2012. She participated in a Pepsi-sponsored performance as well as a commercial with the global superstar Beyonce.
- Nokia Lumia: Nicki Minaj made an appearance in a 2012 commercial for Nokia Lumia mobile phones.
- Adidas: Since 2012, Nicki Minaj has been an Adidas brand ambassador. She has participated in numerous brand ads and has even created her line of Adidas Originals.
- OPI Nail Polish: Nicki Minaj and OPI teamed to produce a series of nail colors inspired by her music in 2012.
- Myx Fusions: In 2013, Nicki Minaj joined this company that makes fruit-infused beverages as a co-owner. She has been actively involved in the brand's marketing and promotion.
- Beats By Dre: Nicki Minaj appeared in a Beats By Dre headphone advertisement in 2013 as part of the brand Hear What You Want promotion.
- Robert Cavalli: In December 2014, it was announced that Nicki Minaj would be the new face of the designer's spring/summer 2015 advertising campaign.
- T-Mobile: As part of the company's Un-carrier marketing push, Nicki Minaj appeared in a Super Bowl commercial for T-Mobile in 2015.
- H&M: She starred in H&M's holiday ad in 2017.
- Ultimately, Nicki Minaj's endorsement has aided in the expansion of her brand beyond music and the development of her status as a businesswoman and fashion icon.
What acting roles has Nicki Minaj taken on?
Nicki Minaj has been acting since 2008, when she made her debut in the film Jumping the Broom. Since then, she has appeared in several films and television shows, including;
- Barbershop: The Next Cut (2016)
- The Other Woman (2014)
- Saturday Night Live (2013)
- The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Ice Age: Continental Drift
What albums has Nicki Minaj released?
Nicki Minaj has a successful music career and has released four albums so far. Her debut album, Pink Friday, was released in 2010 and reached the second spot on the Billboard 200 chart. In 2012, she released Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which debuted at number one on the same chart. Two years later, in 2014, she released The Pinkprint, which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200. Her most recent album, Queen, was released in 2018, showcasing her growth as an artist over the years. Nicki's music has resonated with fans across the globe and continues to be celebrated for its unique style and energy.
How does Nicki Minaj diversify her income streams?
Nicki Minaj diversifies her income streams by leveraging her celebrity status to promote products and services through endorsements, sponsorships, and collaborations with brands.
She also makes money from streaming music on platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music Premium, and Tidal.
Another major source of income for the rap queen is by selling merchandise like clothing lines or accessories. Apart from these, she also makes mind-boggling money by performing live shows at concerts or festivals around the world, appearing in films & television series, and even writing books and articles for magazines. She has also invested in various business ventures. These investments have proven to be profitable for the superstar over time.
What other business endeavors has Nicki Minaj been involved in?
Nicki Minaj is a talented artist, and her business ventures are no exception. Here are some of the other business endeavors Nicki has pursued:
- Nicki has released fragrances with Elizabeth Arden, Pink Friday, and Minajesty.
- She launched her fashion line, called Fendi Prints On, back in 2017.
- In 2018, she became an ambassador for MAC Cosmetics’ Viva Glam campaign, which supports HIV/AIDS awareness initiatives around the world.
- She also owns a mobile game app called The Empire, which allows users to create their music empire as they level up by completing tasks within the game itself.
- She's been involved in several philanthropic efforts, such as raising money for cancer research through her Myx Fusions Moscato beverage brand.
All these ventures demonstrate that when it comes to business endeavors, Nicki ain't playing no games!
Nicki Minaj is a modern-day icon, and everyone praises her for her surreal success. But, we should also not forget where she has come from and how she has struggled throughout her initial days for this.
If her story inspires you pursue musical stardom as a rapper, we wish you all the best! Although some of our team members think they can rap, it’s really (really, really) not our specialty.
But if you want to build a business that has the potential to create generational wealth while also making the world a better place, that’s where we come in.
We’re on a mission to make one million millionaires by 2028. We’d love YOU to be one of them!
That’s why we made this FREE course that will walk you through the process of building a million dollar brand. You can get started right away.