Steve Ballmer is a former Microsoft managing director and the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team owner. He is a savvy businessman, and his investments made him one of the most affluent people in the world.
Despite a few controversies in his career, Ballmer’s endeavors maintain his status as an influential mogul. This article reveals Steve Ballmer’s net worth and his journey to success and financial prosperity.
Plus, find out how to get your hands on our playbook for building million dollar brands... FREE.
|Net Worth||103 billion|
|Age:||67 years old|
|Born:||March 24, 1956|
|Height:||6ft 5in (1.96m)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Entrepreneur and Capitalist|
What is Steve Ballmer's net worth?
Steve Ballmer is worth approximately $103 billion.
Who is Steve Ballmer?
Steve Anthony Ballmer is an American entrepreneur and manager famously known for his role as the CEO of Microsoft. He was born on March 24, 1956, to Frederic and Beatrice Ballmer in Detroit, Michigan. He resided in Farmington Brussels, Michigan, attending the International School of Brussels and Lawrence Technological Univerisity. Throughout his academic sessions, Ballmer had an exceptional aptitude for mathematics, obtaining an 800 passing score in the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) math section and achieving a National Merit Scholarship in 1973.
Ballmer went to Harvard University, where he met his future employer, Bill Gates. He was an active student, engaging in several extracurricular activities such as managing the Harvard Crimson football team, newspaper outlet, literature college magazine, and being a member of the undergraduate Fox Club. Being a math whiz, Steve performed excellently in the William Lowell Putnam Mathematics Competition and obtained a Latins Honor degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics.
Ballmer worked for Procter and Gamble as a product coordinator before joining Microsoft in 1980, acquiring eight percent of the company by 1981. He served as its business manager, head of operations, sales supervisor, executive vice president, and subsequently, Microsoft’s chief executive officer from 2000 to 2014. During this tenure, he purchased several company assets for the corporation. After his time with Microsoft, Ballmer acquired the Los Angeles Clippers from Donald Sterling for an estimated $2 billion and currently owns the basketball team. He also established the Ballmer Group charitable enterprise with his wife, Connie Ballmer, to support communities, technological development, and environmental issues.
How did he make his fortune?
Steve Ballmer accrued incredible wealth from several investments throughout his career. These ventures include the following:
- Serving on the Accenture Plc. Board of Directors
- Being a part of Microsoft Corporation
- Ownership of a four percent stake in Microsoft, worth approximately 333 million shares
- Improving relations with Microsoft and the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- His administrative and product management roles
- Operations Manager
- Systems Development Director
- Sales and Support Coordinator
- Vice President of Sales and Support
- Leader of the .NET Framework team
- President of the company
- The high-ranking CEO position at Microsoft after Bill Gates’ tenure
- Owning and managing the Los Angeles Clippers sports team
- Co-founding and managing the philanthropic outlet, The Ballmer Group
- Establishing the non-profit enterprise, USAFacts
What does Steve Ballmer invest in?
- Microsoft stakes, owing over 300 million shares
- The success of the basketball team, the Los Angeles Clippers, which he owns
- African American entrepreneurial ventures, with a $400 million pledge
- The management software, Social Solutions, with a $59 million investment
How much is Steve Ballmer's net worth?
Steve Ballmer has an estimated net worth of $103 billion.
What is Steve Ballmer's educational background?
The entrepreneurial magnate schooled in the following institutions throughout his academic pursuits:
- International School of Brussels
- Lawrence Technological University
- Detroit Country Day School, where he obtained a valedictorian honor
- Harvard University, acquiring a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Mathematics and Economics
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, pursuing a Masters in Business Administration
Ballmer's academic endeavors established him as an avid mathematician and savvy businessman.
What investments and acquisitions has Steve Ballmer made?
Steve Ballmer invested significantly in Microsoft shares, contributing tremendously to his wealth. His purchase of the LA Clippers team also added to his income. During his time at the Microsoft Corporation, Ballmer made the following acquisitions:
- Nokia smartphone asset
- The digital marketing company, aQuantive
- Skype communication platform
- The social platform, Yammer
- Winternals Software data support enterprise
- Fast Search and Transfer ASA data establishment
How much did Steve Ballmer pay for the Los Angeles Clippers?
The wealthy businessman acquired the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team for $2 billion in 2014.
What is the source of Steve Ballmer's wealth?
Steve Ballmer made his wealth from his Microsoft Corporation shares and former positions, his management of the Los Angeles Clippers, and his partnership with Accenture Plc.
How long was Steve Ballmer, the CEO of Microsoft?
Ballmer was the Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft for fourteen years, from 2000 to 2014.
What is the Ballmer Group?
Steve Ballmer and his wife, Connie, founded The Ballmer Group company in 2015 to fund economic endeavors and positively impact the United States financially. The establishment focuses on the following:
- Data and technology development
- National impact
- Advocacy and communication ventures
- Climate change
- Community support
How did Steve Ballmer acquire his stake in the Los Angeles Clippers?
The entrepreneurial mogul obtained the Los Angeles Clippers team from Donald Sterling for approximately $2 billion in 2014. He aims to put the group ahead of its counterpart, the Los Angeles Lakers.
What real estate does Steve Ballmer own?
Throughout his career. Steve Ballmer acquired and possessed estates, including:
- The sports complex, The Forum in Inglewood, he bought for $400 million
- A deluxe waterfront home in Hunts Point, Washington, currently worth $12 million
- A second homestead in Hunts Point
- Whidbey Island beach-side property and plot
What other companies does Steve Ballmer have investments in?
Besides his investment in Microsoft shares, Ballmer owns the following assets:
- The Los Angeles Clippers basketball team
- Ballmer Group philanthropic establishment
- Social Solutions digital management enterprise
- The Forum in Inglewood multi-purpose indoor sports arena
- USAFacts charity organization
Steve Ballmer’s entrepreneurial example showcases a businessman who makes the best of any opportunity given. Despite a few losses in his endeavors, Ballmer’s investment strategies provided him ample reimbursement and enabled him to remain financially independent.
If Steve’s story inspires you to build a great business - or invest in a way that makes you very, very rich, you’re in the right place.
Here at Capitalism.com, we’re on a mission to make one million new millionaires by 2028. We’d love YOU to be one of them.
That’s why we created this FREE course that will help you build your own million dollar brand in about a year. Join us now and let’s get started!