Tony Hawk is a professional skateboarding athlete regarded as one of the greatest skateboarders, and most influential enthusiasts of all time. His talents in skating have earned him several awards, endorsements, video game representations, and media coverage. The article below highlights his origins and rise to prominence as a distinguished skateboarder.
Plus, find out how to build a million dollar brand in about a year with our FREE training.
|Net Worth||$140 million|
|Age:||54 years old|
|Born:||May 12, 1968|
|Height:||6ft 3in (1.91m)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Skateboarder and Entrepreneur|
What is Tony Hawk's net worth?
Tony Hawk is worth approximately $140 million from the success of his career and investments.
Who is Tony Hawk?
Anthony Frank “Tony” Hawk is an American skateboarder and businessman from San Diego, California. He was born on May 12, 1968, to Frank and Nancy Hawk, the youngest of their four children. Tony was often excitable as a child, and his parents found it difficult to handle his excessive energy. He discovered skateboarding at age nine, sharpened his skill by the time he was in middle school, and became an expert in the sport at age 14.
At age 16, Tony became widely recognized as an athletic prodigy and received endorsements from company brands like Vans, Sundek, and Tracker Trucks. He competed in competitions organized by the National Skateboard Association (NSA) and was the reigning champion for twelve years successively. Often referred to as one of the best competitive skaters in the world, Tony developed new skating tricks and performed a 900-degree vertical spin on his board. This stunt was a feat never seen before, and it inspired upcoming athletes to try and beat his performance.
Tony Hawk competed in over a hundred contests in his career, organized by the NSA, X-Games, Street, Vans, and others. He established his sporting and accessories company Birdhouse Skateboard and participated live in park competitions and showcases. Tony appeared and cameoed in several live series, movies, and television shows and has several video games portraying his skills on various consoles. He eventually retired from pro skateboarding in 2003 though he performed his stunts anywhere he was invited. One such event was the Father's Day celebration at the White House in 2009 during US president Barack Obama's tenure. He continued his sports endeavors in 2021 and was fourth in the X Games’ Vert Best Trick category.
How did he make his money?
Tony Hawk has made his wealth from many sources as a skater and entrepreneur. Some of these income streams include:
- Public speaking, engagements, and performances
- Skateboarding competitions
- Sales of his books
- Merchandise from his company and brand deals
- Sales of signed possessions
- Company sponsorships from
- Quicksilver sportswear brand
- The accessories outlet, Nixon
- Powell Peralta skateboard production line
- The sports shoe franchise, Vans
- His business and sporting company, Birdhouse Skateboards
- Independent Truck Company outlet
- Theeve truck production establishment
- The beverage company Liquid Death Mountain Water
- The game publishing establishment Activision
- Laureus sports academy
- The clothing production, Sundek
- Tracker Trucks skateboard enterprise
- His foundation, The Skatepark Project, and joint charity, Athlete for Hope
What is Tony Hawk's net worth?
As a pro skateboarder and entrepreneur, Tony Hawk has an estimated net worth of $140 million.
How did Tony Hawk become successful in the skateboarding world?
Tony became an accomplished skater due to his impressive tricks, brand partnerships with major sports companies, and an extensive list of victories in competitions.
What skateboarding competitions has Tony Hawk participated in?
The renowned skater competed in over a hundred contests throughout his career. These competitions include:
- The National Skateboarding Association
- Summer series (1984)
- Contest (1986 - 1988)
- Pro Contests (1986)
- Pro Finals (1989 - 1991)
- Street (1992)
- Titus World Cup (1991 - 1993)
- Hard Rock Contests (1995 - 1998)
- X Games (1995 - 2003)
What endorsements and sponsorships has Tony Hawk had?
Several brands have sponsored the vertical skateboarding champion. These companies include:
- The sportswear franchise, Quicksilver
- Nixon, an accessories company
- Powell Peralta skateboard manufacturing enterprise
- The sports shoe brand, Vans
- Birdhouse Skateboards, which Tony co-owns with fellow skateboarder Per Welinder
- The production outlet, Independent Truck Company
- Proto shoe and footwear outfit
- Liquid Death Mountain Water company
- Activision game publishing company
- Laureus world sports academy membership
- Sundek clothing line
- Tracker Trucks skateboard distribution
What skateboarding tricks is Tony Hawk famous for?
Through his skateboarding career, Tony became recognized for the following skateboarding stunts
- 360 frontside rock ‘n’ roll
- 360 ollie to backside boardslide
- 360 varial disaster
- 360 varial McTwist
- 540 body varial
- Airwalk to fakie
- Alley-oop backside bluntslide
- Backside ollie one foot
- Backside ollie to tail
- Backside pop shove-it
- Backside varial
- Bluntslide to fakie
- Cab backside smith
- Cab to tail
- Double kickflip varial indy
- Eggplant to fakie
- Fakie heelflip varial lien
- Fakie to fakie 540
Tony has over 80 skater tricks which he teaches in his master class.
What skateboarding videos has Tony Hawk produced?
Tony produced several sports videos throughout his profession, including
- Skate with Tony Hawk (1986)
- Boom Boom Sabotage (2006)
- Tony Hawk Secret Skate Park Tour 3 (2007)
- Tony Hawk's Ride Channel (2012)
- Master Class Presents Tony Hawk’s NBD/Best Trick Challenge (2020)
- World Debut (2021)
- Tony Hawk Vert Alert (2022)
What skateboarding companies is Tony Hawk associated with?
Throughout his career, the professional athlete partnered with the following skating enterprises
What investments has Tony Hawk made to increase his net worth?
Tony’s endeavors with his foundation, enterprise, endorsements with sports companies, and street competitions appearance have significantly contributed to his net income throughout his career and retirement.
What other sources of income does Tony Hawk have?
Besides his athletic career, Tony Hawk makes his earnings from the following:
- His establishment, website, and merch
- Partnerships and product deals with skating brands
- Public appearances in competitions
- Teaching classes
- Video game series
- Films and cameo appearances
What awards and recognition has Tony Hawk received for his skateboarding career?
Toney is well-known for multiple accomplishments, and these achievements include:
- Skater of The Year by Thrasher Magazine in 1990
- Young Hollywood Award for Cultural Icon in 2002
- Make-A-Wish’s Favorite Male Athlete in 2002
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Male Athlete in 2004
- NSA twelve-time skateboarding champion
- The first inductee to the Skateboarding Hall of Fame in 2009
- Winner of 73 skateboarding contests out of 103 competition events
Tony Hawk is not only a legendary skateboarder, but also an inspiring entrepreneur. He has built a multi-million dollar brand around his passion for skateboarding, and has used his platform to promote the sport and give back to the community.
Hawk started his own skateboard company, Birdhouse, in the 1990s, and has since expanded his business to include a range of products and ventures, from video games to clothing lines. Despite facing challenges along the way, Hawk's dedication and innovative spirit have allowed him to succeed as both a skateboarder and an entrepreneur.
If Tony’s story inspires you to hop on a board and skate your way to fame and fortune, we wish you all the best! We can’t help you much, but we’ll cheer you on from the sidelines.
But if it’s Tony’s entrepreneurial spirit that inspires you, now, that we can help with! In fact, we’re on a mission to make one million millionaires by 2028. We’d love you to be one of our next success stories.
That's why we’re excited to tell you about our FREE course "The Road To $1 Million." In this course, you'll discover the two steps to building wealth that nearly guarantee long-term success. You'll also learn Warren Buffett's advice for investing for predictable wealth, so you can confidently build a $1 million+ net worth without putting your hard-earned cash at risk in crypto or speculative stocks.
But wait, there's more. We'll also reveal the best business to generate $10,000+ per month in as little as 90 days, based on over 100 million dollar case studies. This is insider information that the most successful entrepreneurs have used to build their empires.
So, if you're tired of just reading about the net worth of others and want to start building your own, sign up for our FREE course "The Road To $1 Million" today. Don't miss this opportunity to take your financial game to the next level. Join now and let's start building your financial future together.